Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 65 and 66

The Point Bock Run 2014 is in the books.  54:38 by my watch, no idea my chip time.  My PR for this race was 48 and change, so this was lots slower, but I wasn't really gunning for a PR today.  It was really cold. I heard 10 degrees at 7am and temp fell to 4 degrees by the noon start.  It started snowing during the race, and it snowed the night before leaving the roads a bit mushy.  I like this course a lot, even though it's an out and back.  I usually hate out and backs, but the way this one is laid out makes the run feel deceptively short.  The scenery is pretty, and the wind wasn't bad this year.  My feet came back around mile 2.5 and my hands came back before the 4 mile marker.  I was slow, but after seeing the road and being pretty hemmed in after the start I just decided to run nice and easy, not breathe hard, and just enjoy the day.  That's what I did.  I felt strong and I had fun.  I also passed like 30 people in the last mile, which feels good-especially since I'm typically the one getting passed.  I got leap frogged by a couple of ladies over the miles.  One of whom found her stride and left me behind for good around mile 4, and one of whom I dropped around mile 4.5 for the last time.  I also got to see a bunch of my running friends and join them for a drink (seltzer) afterwards.  I did have a Point Bock.  Because how can you not?  It's the fucking Point Bock Run!

Post race selfie with my beloved.

So what did I eat the last 2 days?  I was piss poor at taking pictures, so sorry, but I actually did a fair amount of eating out and eating at other people's houses which always makes me feel a bit awkward about taking pictures.  Frankly, it's weird.  I know it's weird. 

On to the menu!
I sort of forgot to take the picture before I ate on Friday.  I had a lot of shit going on that morning.  It was 2 eggs, 3 bacon, and about a cup of blackberries.  
It was good...

I had some clementines as a snack mid morning.

Delicious.

We went out for lunch for a co-worker's birthday.  I had a 6oz tenderloin and some sweet potato fries.  They were delicious.  After work we tossed everyone in the car and headed out.  I was sort of hungry, so I grabbed some "granola" bars.  I only ended up eating about half of these.

I'm proud to say that this batch of bars lasted this long.

Dinner was rotisserie chicken and pineapple.  Serviceable.

Saturday morning we slept in until 6:30 and my MIL made one of her full service breakfasts.  
There were two eggs.
Good pre-race fuel, yes?


I had a banana pre-race and an apple and beer post race, which totally counts as lunch.  I haven't had much alcohol recently and the beer made me feel a little silly.  Dinner was a the Charcoal Grill.  A burger (no bun) that resembled a Cuban sandwich.  It was delicious.  I went wild and had the cheese on it.  That's $20 to the box challenge club, but ah well.  

Tomorrow I have to go face down one of my biggest fears.  Double unders.  I suck at them.  The first Open WOD is DUs and snatches, and it starts with the DUs.  I'm really nervous about this, which seems silly.  I really hope I can figure it out.  The fact that DUs still elude me after this long is a sore spot.  I am woefully uncoordinated.  We shall see, we shall see.

And if I can get DUs?  The only thing I'll have left to add to my arsenal is unassisted pull-up.  Because muscle up ain't never gonna happen.  

Here is a gratuitous puppy picture.







No comments:

Post a Comment