Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 69

Yep.  I'm sick.  Sinus pressure? Check.  Watery eyes?  Check.

Yuck.

I felt okay when I woke up and had a great workout (100# clean and jerk!  Finally!).  I actually felt pretty great after sweating for an hour.  Things went downhill all day.  Sigh.  Oh well.  I'll be in bed early tonight and tomorrow is my husband's workday so I'll be taking a day off from the gym.

On to the menu!
I had half an RxBar on the way to the gym and the other half on the way home.  No GI upset, which is a win.

Breakfast was grapefruit and bacon, which I swear I took a picture of, but apparently only imagined I did.  Oh well.  Grapefruit and bacon.  And coffee.

It's Fat Tuesday.  They had nachos and cupcakes at work.  I had leftover Kai Jiao and broccoli.

Not that I can taste anything.

Since both my husband and I are sick, meal planning went by the wayside.  He ordered Chinese, I picked it up.  Dinner was egg drop soup.  No crunch things.
Boring, but hot, which is mostly what I wanted.

After dinner I made myself a coconut milk latte.  Made with Thai Kitchen coconut milk?  These things are fucking decadent.
mmmmmmmmm

Since tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, we had a little discussion about Lent and what we've historically given up.  I wondered what the hell I would give up for Lent this year.  Coffee?  That's just ridiculous. 

Then I remembered that I don't have to give anything up for Lent because I'm atheist.  Godlessness comes in handy now and then.  

Anyone think Grant would buy my giving up broccoli for Lent?  Might be worth a shot.  Probably shouldn't have let that atheist cat out of the bag.  Damn.





No comments:

Post a Comment