Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 70

Drugs are good sometimes.  For example, today.  I hate the hell out of pills as a general rule.  This morning I washed down ibuprofen, acetaminophen (because just the ibu wasn't cutting it), diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, and loratidine.  I also used an antihistamine eye drop and oxymetazoline nasal spray.  All those drugs?  Gave me a full, functional day at work. It sounds like a lot of shit, and it is, but keep in mind I only buy and use single ingredient products.  Why?  Because it allows me to treat the symptoms I have (only the symptoms I have) and at maximal doses instead of one "catchall" pill that treats two symptoms I don't have while half assing the doses of the stuff I do need.  If I'm taking pills, I'm getting relief.

I've got mad drug skillz.

Also?  I got 600 diphenhydramine at Costco for like $4.  If you're nose starts running, give me a holler.  I've got you covered.

On to the menu!
I felt really, really shitty this morning.  So I swallowed the aforementioned cocktail of drugs with a huge cup of coffee and a RxBar.
My kids don't understand "Mom is sick".

Husband got red grapes on sale, so I mowed down a bunch of those at work.
Sweet and crisp.

Lunch was leftover egg drop soup, which I didn't photograph.  I bet you're really disappointed.  It was hot, which is all I really wanted.

Later on I had some cuties.  One of them was really good.  This one was like a Real Housewife of New Jersey.  Smooth and unwrinkled on the outside, but dry and withered within.
Deceptive bitch.  

One of my co-workers is of the school of thought that you should eat things you don't like or find unappealing simply because they are good for you.  So I should have eaten this nasty whore clementine even though it was bitter as shit.  Because it's good for me.  I am of the school of thought that I'm a grown ass woman who doesn't have to eat a damn thing that I find unappealing just because it's "good for me".  I can find an alternative that I like better or simply live to clementine another day.

I need a T-shirt that says "Life's Too Short to Eat Ugly Food"

I went to Costco today to stock up on some stuff and I bought a new bag of scallops for the sole purpose of making them bacon wrapped.  Scallops were meant to be wrapped in bacon.  If scallops and pigs made sweet sweet love the resulting offspring would be bacon wrapped scallops, which one could consume with unfettered joy because ain't no way those things could live on land or sea.  You can keep your surf and turf.  Give me shellies and bellies.
And green beans, because even though I was tempted to skip the veg, I'm just not that kind of girl.

Tomorrow is parent teacher conferences.  I'm also hoping for a mobility WOD that I can make it to afterwards.  14.2 will be revealed tomorrow night and if I can swing it I'll be watching it at the box because I'm a big nerd. I'm hoping for deadlifts.  I fucking love deadlifts.

I got almost 10 hours of sleep last night, which was pretty great.  I'm planning on around that tonight.  Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow morning looking a little less like someone punched me in the face.  If not, I'll be having drugs for breakfast again.  

Early to bed, early to rise gives a person time to heavily medicate before the day begins.






No comments:

Post a Comment