Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 76

The kids go down in T-minus 67 minutes and I have to get on the treader for mile repeats.  I really don't want to.  I want to sit and drink tea.  But those miles aren't going to run themselves, and if I really push I can be done in like 29 min (8:30ish miles with a 60 second rest interval).  I hope I can find something to watch to pass the time.

On to the menu!
Breakfast was a waffle sandwich. Mostly because I didn't have the time or inclination to cook anything.  Waffles, sunbutter, and raisins.  Soooo tasty.  I tried to figure out how many blocks of stuff this was, then I realized almond butter isn't protein it's fat and then I tried to convert the amount in the recipe from cups to grams then divide by the number of waffles I got and then convert grams to blocks but my head exploded, so I never figured it out.  Pretty sure the raisins are carbs?  But again, exploded head, sooo....

Coffee is magic.  Not sure how many blocks of magic I'm supposed to eat.

I discovered a couple of little lost "granola" bars in the fridge.  So I found them a home.  IN MAH BELLY.  
Ummm...blocks.  *kapow*


I have about a week and a half left in my current office, and two of my co-workers will be on vacation next week.  Since we were all there today, we went out for a "farewell" lunch to HuHot.  I love HuHot. I can get a whole bowl of meat.  What is not to love about that?  Also the spicy, spicy sauces.  If my nose doesn't run, that shit is not hot enough.  Sign me up.  It would probably be pretty easy to figure out blocks at HuHot.  If you knew what 4oz of frozen slivered beef looks like.  And I don't.

Fuckload of veg, though, yeah?


I had planned to make home-made Mac and Cheese for the kiddles tonight, but I forgot to prep it last night and it takes about an hour to make, all told.  So they had Annie's shells and cheese instead.  I put their plates together and realized we feed the kids in blocks.  They get a protein source (tonight is an exception with the pasta), a fruit, a vegetable, and milk.  Shit we even serve it on plates with dividers.  How hard can it be to feed myself that way?  grumblegrumble

I had a kielbasa, which was probably around 6 oz (so 6 blocks? or summat?) of protein, 3ish cups of broccoli (so like 1.5 blocks? or summat?), and the olive oil I roasted the veg in plus the fat present in the sausage (huh..sausage) was probably at least 6 blocks of fat?  Grrrrrr.  If this stupid Zone book doesn't start making sense to me in real terms I'm gonna roast marshmallows over the open flame created when I burn it.  It doesn't help that the damn thing is geared toward grain eaters, so half the carb suggestions in the book are meaningless to me.  Forgive me sir, what is this "pita pocket" of which you write?

Guess I coulda had some quinoa?


I keep thinking today is Thursday, which is wrong.  Right?  Yes, totally wrong.

I swear I'm not an idiot with this Zone thing.  At some point it will coalesce in my brain.  Today isn't that day.  I pulled out one of my favorite recipes and tried to figure out the blocks in it.  I almost threw the book across the room.  None of the measurements approximate blocks, so there must be math.  If nothing else I'll Zone it during my "on" week with boring but perfect blocks of whatever and eat "normally" on my off week.  I can do this.  I'm good at math.  Really.  

Ok.  Mile repeats.  Buh.









No comments:

Post a Comment