Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 89

I'm a day behind.  I worked until 10:30pm last night and didn't feel like blogging when I got home.  I'm a bit under the weather and figured going to sleep was a better idea, so that's what I did.  I feel better than yesterday, but still a bit gurgly when I breathe.  I'm trying not to cough, because it hurts like a bitch.  I need to shake this a least a little, because there's still one Open workout left and I'd prefer not to spend it wheezing.

Yesterday was my first day back at my old job.  I've got a lot of computering to learn, but the basics are still the same.  I missed it.  My schedule is going to be a little odd for a couple of weeks, but I'm actually going to get days off during the week which is something I can barely wrap my brain around.

I'm going to try to make an appointment for the eye doctor on Friday, because frankly?  I'm getting old and my eyes are tired at the end of the day.  I'm a little excited at the prospect of glasses I don't have to wear all the time.  I had my eyes lasered so I wouldn't have to wear glasses for running or working out and I could just wear cheap sunglasses in the summer.  I do miss having glasses as an accessory, and I'm tired of squinting at the computer screen.  Since my job involves a lot of screen time I'm accelerating the crow's feet, and that can stop.

On to the Menu!
Breakfast was pretty basic.  Starting April 1st I'm going to give Zone a serious go.  I've been playing with it for the last couple of weeks, but I'm going to really hit it for a solid month and see if I can dump the last 10lbs of fat I'm still toting around.  After that first 30 days I should be in a place where I can balance my meals and keep myself from shit eating on the third shift as I make that transition.
Pretty Zoney.

I, um...didn't eat lunch.  I got busy and forgot.  I had best intentions of eating a RxBar, but I didn't, so sue me.

Dinner was in the cafeteria and there wasn't anything non-gravy covered so I got a salad.  Grilled chicken with many veggies and a little wing sauce for dressing (Frank's Red Hot, which is paleo).  I also got a couple of hard boiled eggs and an orange to round things out.  It filled me up.
Serviceable. 

I ate a RxBar later in the night, not because I was exactly hungry, but I figured I could use the calories.
Still my favorite flavor

Today I go back for a little more second shift fun, then Wednesday I'm going to be a tech for the day and learn about the new technology in the pharmacy.  I'm looking forward to it.  I've always been the type of person who likes to know how things run from every angle.  My goal is to be proficient in the function of the med carousels, the vault, and the Pyxis.

I'm hoping to be back at the box on Thursday for mobility and Friday for the Open WOD.  I also need to get out for a run this week.  Friday is looking good for that, provided my lungs are cooperating by then.  

And now I'm going to go back to drinking tea and trying not to cough.  



No comments:

Post a Comment