Monday, March 31, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 96

My alarm went off at 4:30am and I seriously had no idea why.  I heard it, and I sat up and looked at it and just thought Whhhhaaaaaaaa???  Thing makes noise for why? So early...not understand.  Then I remembered I was supposed to go to the gym.  In fact, I spent about 20 minutes carefully packing a bag with everything that I needed to work out, shower, and get to work by 7am.  It just took me a little while to remember that.  I feel a little bad for my husband, because I didn't turn off the alarm while the cavewoman part of my brain tried to figure out what the fuck was going on so it just...kept...beeping.

I was proud of myself for about 5 seconds this morning.  First off, I was thisclose to hitting a 77# snatch (which is peanuts for a lot of people, but it's a BFD for me) and the WOD included double unders which I have only recently discovered I can do (on alternate Tuesdays when the moon is full, or some shit).  I managed to get 43 DUs during the first round, which is amazeballs because the workout called for 50 and I totally almost got 50. Then I had two rounds where I got capped without getting close, but what the fuck ever, 43 is totally almost 50.

I also had a Macgyver moment while I was getting ready for work.  I forgot the brush for my powder and was looking at a shiny face wondering what to do when I realized I had a tampon in my bag and they're basically cotton swabs with a string.  I opened the thing up, flattened it out, and used it like a cotton pad to apply the powder.  I felt pretty damn smart.  Anyone who saw me today?  I wiped a tampon all over my face at the gym this morning.  Now that picture is forever in your head, you're welcome.  But you also have a nifty solution to the "I forgot a brush" issue.  You're double welcome.

On to the Menu!
I ate a RxBar on the way to the gym.  And since I left home at 4:30am and didn't return until almost 6pm I didn't have a homemade breakfast or lunch today.  I will in the future as I Enter the Zone (Jesus that's a lame phrase).  The cafeteria did not disappoint.  The fact that Zoning will require me to limit my intake of bacon makes me sad.  Hopefully a smaller, higher ass will make me feel better about only eating 2-4 slices/day.  The sacrifices we make for health and fitness.

I totally fish out the pineapple and strawberries. The people behind me i
in line are left with nothing but honeydew.

Lunch was pit ham on a pretzel roll on the grill, which is fucking fantastic.  I opted not to eat the roll (I mean, how devoted am I?) but the ham was delicious and I had the potato chips because they are made fresh on site.  Potatoes, fried.  The end.  I don't feel that's a cheat because there isn't anything added. I also had broccoli, because I like it and it was there.  Usually lunchtime broccoli is nice and green, but today it was a bit olive drab.

Dig the tree trunks.  Bleh.

Dinner was this beautiful Salisbury steak with cauliflower mash and mushroom gravy.  This is 100% paleo, no lie.  Doesn't it look better than any Salisbury steak you've ever seen?  It was delicious.  This looks like a plate of evil, when in fact it is a virtuous blend of grass fed beef, fresh mushrooms, and vegetables.  My husband hasn't made this for a while, but holy shit does he get it exactly right.  I hated this dish as a child (because frankly, my Mom was not a good cook), but I have rediscovered it as an adult and I'm in love.

Ermahgerd!  Potatoes and gravy but not!

I'm going to finish up my last shamrock shake tonight.  I have to get out my recipe calculator and figure out my Zone blocks for breakfast tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it.  I just have to power through it this first week and it'll be fine.  

Kale.  But dessert.

My big excitement for today was the arrival of my Yarnageddon package from Stitchjones.  Hand-dyed yarn and an exclusive pattern for a shawl.  I can't wait to start.  Go ahead and ridicule me and my old-lady hobby, I don't care.  I love to knit shit and I don't care who knows it.

Plus surprise free handmade soap!!

I'm also expecting the next installment of my sock knitting club patters/yarn sometime soon.  It's an embarrassment of riches, people.  

Time to cast on.  But first maybe a meat stick.  I do love a meat stick.  

That is what she said.







No comments:

Post a Comment