Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Blogging the Menu: 21 Day Sugar Detox Day 3

Today overall was easier than yesterday.  I admittedly cherry picked the fuck out of this morning's WOD (as in I got up and looked it up online, saw 50 thrusters and went NO.  NONONONONONONONONO. NO. So I went back to bed.

I did wake up with the infamous detox headache, which is of a completely different character than the sugar-induced headache (more stabby, less achy).  I had a couple of cups of coffee and suited up for my interval run.  Believe it or not, even though it was hot as fuck on Nicolet (direct sun, no breeze), my headache was gone by the time I finished my run.  What a relief.

This morning's breakfast was a little carbier than my standard breakfast.  Apple carrot hash.  I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the apple-ness as I'm generally not one of those people who like apple sausage and such.  Well, this shit was good.  Gooooooooooood.  Almost went for a second helping good.  But I didn't.  I saved it so I could cook less later in the week.  I'm so goddamn virtuous.

I mashed it into my face pretty fast.

I was expecting the apple to make it sweet, but instead it was nice and tangy.  The 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook has recipes for spice blends in the back.  This hash was made with pork and the Italian Spice mix.  It was pretty darn perfect.

So I went for my run, which went fine except for this stupid cramp I keep getting in my calf.  It's just below my knee joint on the outside and starts as a pinpoint pain then radiates down until my whole calf seizes up.  It is beyond annoying.  I'm pretty sure it's just a cramp because foam rolling resolves it completely.  The first time it happened I thought it was my knee...fortunately it's not the joint at all.  Just close to the joint.  It makes me stabby.  

I have full intention of going to the box tomorrow and doing today's WOD in open gym.  Because cherry picking is for pansies, and I'm not a pansy.

Lunch was leftover fish and a green salad.  I made avocado green goddess dressing and it was quite tasty.

I'm eat clean and crap virtue.

This afternoon I made kale chips to eat tonight while I watch Drunk History with a glass of kombucha.  No booze on the detox, but I am allowed 8oz of kombucha a day.  It's 3 proof.  Shit's gonna get stupid up in here.

With the pink Himalayan sea salt, because I'm a fucking foodie.

Dinner tonight was another new recipe from the Detox cookbook.  Beef and bacon cottage pie.  Simple to make, squash instead of taters on the top.  Holy fuckballs is this an amazing dish. The spice blend is just right and what seems like a boring ass casserole just turns to magic in your mouth.  I had two helpings, and I don't need your judgement.

Looks boring, right?  Nope.  Magic.

Fairly certain that's going to be even better as leftovers.

Tomorrow Lucy-dog will get her second run in.  I have a 90 minute superslow run that I'm planning to take her on 45 minutes of.  Hopefully that will render her inert for a short time afterwards.  The boys have their "Little Movers" yoga class tomorrow afternoon, and I think I've got chicken soup on the menu.  Probably better get that chicken carcass out of the freezer and get my stock on.  I gave the dog a carrot today.  That was hours of fun...she had no idea what to make of that thing.  I kind of want to give her a beet and take pictures of her with bloodstained jaws.  Like fucking Cujo.  

Ok.  Time to take the kids and dog for a walk.  My husband is reliving his younger years at Rugby practice.  I'm a little jealous.  I like to hit shit, too.  It's been too long.

I'm counting Day 3 as done, since there really isn't anything "illegal" around here I'm interested in eating.  On to Day 4!

1 comment:

  1. Man, you cook A LOT! how do you keep motivated to prep all of this? I'll keep reading backwards but maybe a good blog post!

    ReplyDelete