Friday, July 11, 2014

Blogging the Menu: 21 Day Sugar Detox Day 6

Not much to show you today, since I forgot to take a picture of my breakfast!  I had quiche and spinach.  Do you feel better now?  Good?  Good.

Last night I faced the break room.  There were two cakes.  TWO.  A coffee cake, a couple of bags of candy, leftover doughnuts, cupcakes, chips, you name it.  But it's okay.  I made it.  No sugar consumed.  Winning.

Seriously.

I ended up having my breakfast around 5am, which worked out in the end because I ended up in a code from 6 until 7.  Had I not eaten I probably would've passed out.  It was hot in the room, and very crowded.  It was ugly.  It ended badly.  This one will stay with me for a long time.

I had a hard time sleeping when I got home, so I watched a little Netflix (Louis CK-it was a relief to laugh) and then finally fell asleep.  I slept until almost 5:30, so clearly no lunch or snacks today as I was unconscious.  Tonight was the CFGB fundraiser dinner and we had steak, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and avocado.  It was delicious.  I ate a LOT because I was pretty damn hungry after not eating for 14 goddamn hours.  There was paleo dessert (you can see it in the picture-it's a layered "better than sex" dessert) which I took to go so I can save it for the end of this detox.  I also have a piece of one of Bianca's ridiculous cheesecakes in the freezer for the end of the detox.  I feel like a dessert hoarder.

It was really cool to see everyone not in spandex.  Holy shit are we a good-looking bunch.

Oh yeah.  I ate it all.

Then I had to head to work.  Day 2 of 7!  Woo!

I didn't pack a lunch (no time), and the break room is full of food again, but I have some hard boiled eggs and some jerky and I'm feeling much more confident today.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment