Saturday, July 12, 2014

Blogging the Menu: 21 Day Sugar Detox Day 7

Another dull food day for you!  I promise this will be a little more interesting from a food perspective once I get to the grocery store tomorrow and get some new stuff prepped.  I worked last night (no codes!  yes!) and since I was so stuffed from dinner at the box I didn't eat a damn thing until breakfast.

Tonight I have leftover chicken soup, roasted nuts, and hard boiled eggs.  That should be plenty to carry me through until breakfast.  I have new recipes to try next week as well, which is exciting.  I made Vanilla Bean 'n Oatmeal (chia pudding) tonight for snacks/meals next week.  I love that stuff, but it's a little fiddly to make.

Breakfast this morning was out of the cafeteria.  Yes, that's cheese on my omelet, and no, that's technically not allowed on the detox (no dairy) but for fuck's sake it's cheese.  Full fat cheese.  It ain't sweet.  The big pile of bacon is really what I was after this morning.  So crispy and delicious.
Here, piggy piggy.

Then I, you know, slept for a while.  I got up fairly early this afternoon, but I wasn't hungry so I just had a cup of coffee and waited for dinner.  Steak again, with some snap peas.  Steak is so awesome.  Here's hoping I don't get the gout!

Snap peas are fantastic.  Technically a legume, so sue me.

Tomorrow I've got a 60 minute interval run, which I need to accomplish in the morning.  We might hazard a trip to the box with the spawn if the weather is decent so they can bounce and we can get some raffle tickets and check on my silent auction bids.  CFGB was on the news twice today, which is a really cool thing.  I'm so proud of all the hard work that the owner and coaches and members have put in since opening in 2010 and I can't wait to cheer for the team in Carson.  

I also can't wait to eat the strawberry "cheesecake" and 7 layer "better than sex" dessert that are in my freezer.  7 days down, 14 to go.  I am fucking invincible.



1 comment:

  1. Detoxes are HARD! I've gone off the rails a bit since finishing juicing so I need to rein it in tomorrow. At least I didn't give into ice cream's siren call!

    ReplyDelete