Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Blogging 2015: 64 down, 1951 to go

Took a bit of a "rest" day today.  Just 3 miles easy on the treader. It was actually a lovely day outside, but I was in need of sleep and then had to take my car in to have a tire checked.  After that I went to the vet to pick up Lucy (she had her lady parts removed today) and by the time I got home it was dusk.  Opportunity lost.  Oh well.  I'm well rested and still got a few miles for my total.  Not a bad thing, really.

In a way I feel bad for Lucy, she's obviously still in an anesthesia haze and probably pretty uncomfortable. She spent a little time in my lap wrapped in a blanket when we first got home, then crawled inside her crate and has been kind of punked out since.  She is never, ever this chill.  This is a dog with a 4' vertical leap from a standing position.  It's a little freaky.  In a way I am jealous.  She'll never have her period again.  Lucky bitch.

Last night was a decent one.  Little of this, little of that.  I had a bag full of leftovers so I still have my handy lunch card.  Started my night with some sweet potato jalapeno chowder.

No heartburn!

This is the last weekend I'll be working with one of my techs, so she made cupcakes.

Wasn't that nice?


I had the very last orange and some venison sticks for snack.  I only ate one of the meat sticks.  Just wasn't feeling it at 3am.  And apparently I lost the photo, so you'll have to use your imagination.

I brought quinoa mush for breakfast.  I don't know why I dished such a huge portion, I couldn't finish it.

Mmmmm.  Mushy.

I slept like the dead today.  It was great.  There was snow falling this morning when I left the hospital.  It was perfect Christmas snow, if you know what I mean.  No wind, just light fluffy flakes floating down from the clouds.  If I wasn't afraid of getting flattened by a school bus I might have gone for a run right then and there.

Dinner was pot roast.  We usually kennel Lucy during dinner because she is a hopeless beggar.  Tonight she just sort of stood under the table with her head on my knee, then crawled into her kennel and konked out. Normally she'd be going apeshit in her kennel because we have the kids put whatever they don't eat in her bowl.  Is this what normal dogs are like?  I'm so used to her being practically psychotic I've forgotten what other dogs are like.  

Basic but tasty.

Got on the treader after dinner for a bit.
Today's Netflix?  Prison documentary.

I'm finding myself more at peace with the treadmill.  

I watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" the other day.  It's about a dude with chronic urticaria (among other things) who goes on a 60 day juice fast.  It was interesting.  Now I find myself fascinated with the idea of a juice fast (not that maple syrup cayenne pepper lemon bullshit...green juices, etc).  Not for 60 days of course.  That's madness.  It's intriguing, though.  

So that was my day.  Cupcakes, tires, sleeping, and neutered dogs.

I should have a TV show.  This shit is golden.







No comments:

Post a Comment