Monday, January 19, 2015

Blogging 2015: 95 down, 1920 to go

Today was a no school day for the kids, so like all good parents we put them in daycare so we could hang out and do what we wanted.

This morning we had a little quiet time with the laundry and dishes, then went for some core yoga together. No selfie.  I can sense your disappointment.

Fantastic husband made me breakfast.


After yoga we got some chow and then went to the grocery store to shore up our home supplies.  It was very exciting.  One thing that parenthood has done to my marriage is turn all "date nights" into "random stupid errand running" nights.  Even if we go on an actual date...a meal and a movie, golf, etc...we still end up stopping for a gallon of milk or (back in the day) a bag of diapers or some other utterly boring, non-romantic, mundane thing.  I guess it's kind of romantic?  Taking care of our family together?  Or something.

Sweet potato fries are amazing.

After lunch and errands we took the dog for a 3 mile walk, then dropped her off (she's supposed to be taking it easy still) and then continued on for another 3 miles.  Today was about recovery, so it was just a nice stroll.

We picked up the kids and walked them home from daycare.  Dinner was leftovers because we forgot that citrus carnitas take 3 hours to cook.  Oh well, tomorrow.

Brat and carrot fries.

And that's it.  That's all.  Exciting, right?  I'm almost done with a sock, which is exciting to me but probably not to you.

Tomorrow is a toss up.  I'm still pretty sore from the last few days and my hamstrings are super tight. Might just be some good stretching and walking on the treader, but that could change based on how I feel in the morning.  

I like a dull day now and then.  It's good for the spirit to have some time to recharge.




No comments:

Post a Comment