Monday, February 2, 2015

Blogging 2015: 158 down, 1857 to go

Today was a good day, but it's far from over. My third shift partner (in that we alternate weeks and never ever see each other) is sick so I'm headed to work tonight for some OT.

I really wanted to post a gif of Ickey Woods doing the Geico cold cut dance, but I'm full of fail.  Sad.

Last week at Costco I bought a bag of avocados.  They were hard as rocks, but this morning they were soft so I took a chance and cut one open. It was perfection. I was so excited.

Yay!  Avocado!

I figured I was going to want something after CF so I wouldn't pass out at yoga, so I broke out the Vitamix and made this super awesome oatmeal pumpkin chocolate smoothie.  1/2c pumpkin, 2c almond milk, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2c. oatmeal, 2tbsp honey, and a little bit of cinnamon.  It was pretty damn good.  Makes 2 servings. I took this one along to the gym and the other one is in the refrigerator so I can have it later at work.

So pumpkiny, so chocolatey, like a muffin in a jar.

Fantastic husband was patrolling last night, so he was stupid tired when he got home.  He took a bit of a nap while I entertained the smalls, then I headed off to CrossFit.  When I got there I discovered we would be doing double unders.  I'm not very good at double unders, but the worst bit is that jumping rope makes me pee.  I took a couple of potty breaks during the WOD.  We also 3RM our thrusters and over head squats.  So basically it was a WOD full of shit I'm kind of bad at.  But you know what? It was okay.  I got up to 85# on the bar for the thrusters and failed the third of three reps.  That's the heaviest I've ever attempted, so I'm okay with it.  I actually strung 3 DUs together (shut the fuck up, that's a huge deal for me) and got lots of one-in-a-rows.  I also got to see some folks I hardly ever see, so overall it was a pretty cool morning.  I had to rush the HBBS at the end because class was on the edge of over and I had to be at yoga for 10:30.

I busted out of the box and hustled over to Jenstar for my hot yoga session (core focused...holy shit core focused).  I made it with just a minute or two to spare.  I flew in there with no warm ups, no gloves or hat, coat flapping.  I never actually cooled off, so I was sweating buckets by the time we were really rolling in class.  My hair is always really entertaining after the final corpse pose-sticking out at improbable angles.  After yoga I had to take a run by the pharmacy to pick up a prescription (for birth control so I don't have to pack $100 worth of feminine hygiene supplies on my vacation).  I put a hat on before going inside because I looked insane.  When I got home I went outside for a few miles, but only got 2 because it was deceptively cold out there.  The remaining 3 were on the treadmill where I could watch TV and not have my sweaty shirt freeze to my back.

Lunch was leftover rotisserie chicken, sprouts, brown rice and quinoa blend plus more avocado...because avocado.  Pretty tasty.  I haven't been doing a very good job of making a complete meal at mid-day.  I was so very hungry today that not much else would do.

Can you feel the nutrition?

Then I had a little dessert.

Sweet crunchy perfection.

Oh, here's me after all my workouts and my lunch. I love these sweatpants.  I got them for $8 at Sports Authority.  They're just Champion brand, and I need more of them.  MORE SWEATPANTS.  As a side note, this CFGB shirt is oddly sized and was noticeable smaller than the green one I got from the same run. When I first got it I could barely wear the shirt because it was tight and made me feel really self conscious. These days I wear it all the time and it fits great, even after going through the washer (and dryer!) multiple times.  For all that the numbers on the scale don't budge, something positive is happening.

I'm feeling pretty body-positive right now, which means I'm not going anywhere near a scale.  I even have a (gasp!) two piece bathing suit that I don't hate! It's actually (dare I say it?) kind of cute.  At least that's how I feel today.  I'm sure tomorrow I'll be a troll again, because women are dumb.

Do you even 3-a-day, bro?

I managed to get a shower before going to Scouts with the girl child.  The cookies went over pretty well, I think.  I also managed to volunteer to take over the troop next school year.  We're totally making wallets. Scouts have to make wallets.  It's like the law or something.

Fantastic husband took steaks out of the freezer this morning, so I've been looking forward to this all day. Filet on the grill, medium rare the way steak is meant to be eaten.  Plus sweet potato and leftover broccoli. This meal was exactly right.  I was hungry, I ate it and was satisfied.  Not stuffed, but full and happy.

Caveman cuisine.

Now I'm debating taking a nap.  I probably should as I've been up since 5:30 and I don't want to have to sleep much tomorrow since I'm off.  Working tonight fucks up my plan to go to 0515 tomorrow, but I can probably work a later WOD in there.  I'll be forfeiting my evening yoga session so fantastic husband can go to rugby practice, but again, I can work something else out.  

Nap.  Yep.  Nappy nap time.  Then off to make that money!




No comments:

Post a Comment