Thursday, February 5, 2015

Blogging 2015: 165 down, 1850 to go

My mileage has slowed down a bit, but it's cool, there's a lot of year left and racing season hasn't started yet. Today was another crazy run here and run there kind of day, you know the kind you have before you travel. When you're desperately afraid you're going to forget something critical like a toothbrush or pajamas.

No, I still haven't packed.

Yes, we found our (in date) passports.

This morning I considered just staying home and cleaning, but instead I went to the box because the workout was comprised of some of my favorite things.  Light deadlifts, box jumps, and running.  I did the workout RX, which is a BFD in the CrossFit world because it means I didn't have to modify or scale anything. On any given day I have to scale something in the workout.  Maybe it's a lighter weight on the bar, or using abmats under my head to shorten the traverse on a handstand push-up, or a band for pull-ups, etc.  Today I could do every movement as indicated, and I did.  I was a happy camper.  I took a picture of the whiteboard, but my pictures didn't load to Google drive so too bad for you.

Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal with applesauce and honey.  On the way to the box I had the remainder of yesterday's chocolate cherry smoothie.

Then I came home and slept for a bit, then went to Aveda for a bikini wax.  I've never found the process to be particularly painful, but the wax lady kept telling me that it would be.  I was tempted to glare at her from narrowed eyes and hiss "You don't know pain" but I resisted.  Seriously, I broke my goddamn leg running across a rugby pitch and walked around on that motherfucker for a day and a half thinking it was just a sprain.  Wax does not frighten me.

After my appointment I came home and gave myself a manicure, then went to a work related social event with my husband.  He has to trot me out at social functions every few years so that people believe I exist. I hate parties.  Especially parties where everyone is basically a stranger.  I just sort of want to sink into the floor.  I never know what to say to people, and small talk feels unbelievably stilted and fake coming out of my face.  I couldn't even drink to soften the blow because I had to work.  At least now I'm paid up for a bit and I can avoid future soirees for at least another 2 years.

So that was today.  Exciting stuff, yes?

I can't wait to go home and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment