Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Blogging 2015: 333 down, 1682 to go

What a beautiful day it was today. Minimal wind, lots of sun, and plenty of opportunities to get outside.  This morning we walked the girl child to school, then came home so I could fold some laundry because I lead a scintillating life. After that was all put away and another couple of loads were queued up I took the boys and the dogger out for a morning walk. It was really lovely. They ran to the park and I basically did laps around the edge with the dog while they played. This works out pretty handily as I can always see them and I can see the entry/exit point to the park so I can monitor cars that come and go. It's probably just my paranoia, but I spent my formative years in large cities and while we did roam around to a degree it was typically within a block or two radius. I have a hard time letting my kids out of eyeshot. I have really good vision, though, so they get plenty of "kind of on their own but not really" time. I don't need to be right on top of them every blessed second, but I need to know they aren't bleeding or dead. Scratch that. They bleed sometimes and it's no big deal...let's amend that to broken, paralyzed, or dead.

Breakfast was not exemplary. Remember that we're trying to eat down the freezer. Today I did my part by helping the kids finish a box of toaster waffles.


Not healthy.

I did eat a halfway decent lunch (again, clearing up leftovers and freezer stuff)

Leftover pork loin.


I went to 1230 power hour today at the box. It's warm at that time of day. Still, I got to work out with one of my rugby-wife homegirls and got almost a full hour of post workout chit chat so it was pretty boss. Today was a mile for time followed by kettlebells and burpees. I hate running a mile for time. I'm not fast. In fact it takes me 2 miles to warm up on most of my runs. Miles 3-10? I'm your girl. Mile one is always murder. So today I ran a 9:16 which is not terrible but also not great. Burpees are the worst, though. I always feel like I'm going to die. I always tell myself beforehand that I'm going to just push through them and it'll be fine, but then I start doing them and my brain starts screaming OMGSTOPYOUAREGOINGTODIIIIEEEEEEE. 

Sam is unimpressed with your pain.

Afterwards I went to Starbucks, because why not. I also had a nice post-WOD banana. I didn't have to choke it down today for some reason.

Balanced eating is my life.

I made it home just in time to walk over and retrieve the spawn. We came home and spent an hour tossing a toy for the dog, who was completely unphased by the exercise. More leftovers were had for dinner. I took a picture of my tomato/chicken orzo but the Google drive apparently thought it was delicious and ate it. The kids ate shockingly well (I'm telling you, fresh air and exercise make for a tantalizing sauce) and then we leashed up the dog and went for another walk.

I am not wasting one moment of this weather. Not one moment. Soon it will be melt-your-boobs-off hot and I'll be cursing the sun, so today and all 60-75 degree days will be enjoyed to their absolute fullest. The kids played at the park and I did laps again.  All told I got about 6 miles today. 

Oh, and I got this as well. There is no reason to have children if you can't raid their holiday candy stashes.

Fun sized my ass.
Well, these are why my ass isn't fun sized anyway.

Tomorrow it's back to the box for what will no doubt be more squatting. Tomorrow is also GHDs. I was going to follow that with core yoga, but fantastic husband has class so I don't have child care. Just means I'll be doing lunchtime flow instead. No biggie. Hopefully a few good miles with hills as well. The spawn have CF kids, which means they'll need showers and will probably eat their own arms off on the way home. But it also means they'll sleep like stones, so there's that. 

My sock club yarn has not arrived. I'm a teeny bit miffed as it was supposed to be here Monday. Fortunately I have another sock on the needles to soothe my savage soul. 

I'm so sore. Pretty much the only part of my body that isn't sore is my scalp. Hooray fitness.







No comments:

Post a Comment